Wednesday, April 7, 2010

AFTERSCHOOL: SPRING 2010

I'm always excited when this class begins: I miss my students from the former 5th grade!
but oh boy...they are a lot of work to keep occupied; they get to slow and sluggish...and interesting in other things.

nonetheless, I'm still excited to have them back, and I intend for this small group to do a lot of vocabulary and reading comprehension.

Originally we were going to do she sells sea shells by the sea shore.
I think i want to start with something they're familiar with, maybe going back to reviewing parts of the house and doing a "my home" unit. combine it with their "where are you from curric. from a few weeks back to talk about different types of homes around the world, then do a craft project.

play LEMONADE
look at CATCH book (4?)

No comments:

Post a Comment